Re: [TenTec] TenTec CW filters or Inrad?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec CW filters or Inrad?
From: "David H. Walker" <k0cop@onlymyemail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:37:20 +0000
Jim Reid wrote:

How good are the TenTec CW filters? Are they good or should
I go with Inrad? TenTec 250 and 500 hz filters are both 6 pole. I
think Inrad's are 8.

The Inrad filters have the steeper skirts,  but.......the response rises up
again a ways out!!  The Ten Tec filters do NOT.  So,  sort of depends
upon what you want the filter to accomplish.  I had an Omni VI+ loaded
with Inrad filters for a couple of years.  Sold it.

Now have an Omni VI, Opt 3. with all Ten Tec filters.

That is how I voted.

73,  Jim W6KPI/KH6 ( used to be KH7M, but went back to my 1950's call.)

I have two Omni Six Plus radios. One with Inrad filters and one with all TenTec. I will pick the TenTec filters. The Inrad sound cleaner but the TenTec sound more refreshing! Both work FB.
73
David K0COP