Re: [TenTec] corsair II filter?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] corsair II filter?
From: "Darwin, Keith" <Keith.Darwin@goodrich.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:50:02 -0500
What don't you like about the TenTec 250 Hz filter?

The filter positions in the Corsair II has a different gain settings to
compensate for filter insertion loss.  The extra gain of the narrow
slots may mess things up a bit if you put a wide filter in that slot.  I
think it would be odd to have an S8 signal jump to S9 when you kick in
the "narrow" filter.

When I had a Corsair II I found the extra selectivity of the 250 Hz
filter to be beneficial.  Sometimes 500 Hz just wasn't narrow enough
when working a weak signal in the presence of QRM.

- Keith -