Re: [TenTec] keying the Omni D with a modern PIC keyer

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] keying the Omni D with a modern PIC keyer
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:11:57 -0800 (PST)
--- "Darwin, Keith" <Keith.Darwin@goodrich.com> wrote:

> I wonder what the % of straight key usage is.  I bet it is
> very low with most using a bug, iambic keyer or (eeek gads)
> PC.

Bugs, and keyers for sending CW??? - that's *cheating*. If
anyone really wants to truly claim a mastery of the CW art
then they should really be using nothing but a straight key.
As for computers??? - they are meant for DSP IF processing
and supporting some really nice point and click graphically
driven user interfaces. With those displays you can easily
see and quickly find all of those CW signals that you can
work with that straight key :-)....

Duane
N9DG

Ducking and covering...:-).