[TenTec] Jupiter Internal Speaker

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Internal Speaker
From: Bill Brannick <wmlb@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:01:40 -0800
When I bought my Jupiter 3 or 4 years ago, just out of habit, I
connected the external speaker jack to a 4" x 4" speaker from Radio
Shack. It has always sounded fine to me..

I was rearranging things on the desk top this week and forgot to hook
up the external speaker... I turned on the Jupiter and found the
audio to be pretty "bassy" . It actually took the edge off the highs
and made all that static noise associated with the solar storms etc.,
a bit more tolerable... BUT.. audio sounds a bit like it is coming
from a "tunnel".. but then again.. my ears are not what they used to be...

I also got to wondering if I had a setting wrong someplace that
effects the internal speaker.

Bottom line.. is this inherent in the Jupiter???