[TenTec] TenTec CQWW CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec CQWW CW
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:04:28 -0800 (PST)
 I'll make one comment as this subject is OT for this list...

  I spent the daylight hours of Friday driving across three states to get  home
for CQWW and drag my battered butt into the chair with minutes to  spare... I
worked 17 zones and 66 countries, by S&P, in 12  hours, on 80 meters, low
power, from Michigan, with some new ones (6W1,  etc.)...  The format of the
contest is fine by me..  If the  original poster wants a stronger exchange,
then I suggest SS, or  contests with QTC's...

  ON TOPIC:  was the several times I tried to work a weak DX (new  country for
me) and a loud US station would start up almost on top on  the DX... Even with
my best efforts neither the Omni 6+ nor the   MK-V (with roofing filter mods)
could handle it... I'm slowly being  pressured into trying an Orion...

  denny - k8do