Re: [TenTec] Fw: Your semi-annual Astron tip...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Your semi-annual Astron tip...
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:11:01 -0600
Many of the new switching and linear supplies have 3 output terminals.  The
POS, the NEG and the GRD.  This is done to allow connecting two supplies in
such configuration to provide a bipolar voltage for IC circuits and such.
One can select then which of two units supplies the POS voltage and the NEG
voltage.  Often these supplies will have additional terminals for Voltage
Sense circuit applications.  If remote voltage sensing is not needed then
the +Vs is connected to the +V and the -Vs is connected to the -V.  Then one
connects the -V to GRD.

Otherwise for those of us that operate in a "single ended" configuration
should {no must} connect the NEG to chassis or GRD terminal.  This will also
connect the NEG to the 3rd pin AC ground terminal.

As to which brands, just check with an ohm meter to be sure.

73
Bob, K4TAX