[TenTec] Omni VI + Tuning

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI + Tuning
From: "Robert Dwiggins II" <robert.dwiggins@alumni.utexas.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:02:34 -0600
Hello Paul,

This summer, I sent my Omni VI/Opt 3 back to Tentec for repair.  At the
time, it wouldn't transmit or receive.  Among other things, they replaced a
"worn main tuning encoder".  I wasn't having problems changing frequency,
but they apparently felt like a problem was imminent and needed to be
pre-empted.  From what you describe, I suspect this may be your problem as
well.

BTW, while in the shop, Tentec installed the TXCO mod to improve stability
in the VFO and replaced other worn components.  It took them a while to
perform the repairs, but the rig came back working better than ever.
Hopefully, it'll hang together for a long time now.

73 and Good Luck,

Bob NE5RD