[TenTec] UPS Damage claim

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] UPS Damage claim
From: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:21:56 -0500
I've had 3 claims with UPS and in each they paid.

It is not mandatory that the item be surrendered to process a claim.  You can
arrange UPS to
view damage at the delivery location.

Either the shipper or receiver can file a claim (this is a relatively recent
change)

The payment for damages/loss ALWAYS is sent to the shipper

The level of hassle is proportional to the amount of claim (no surprise there)

Like any bureaucracy,  you'll generally always win (if you're right) if you
outlast UPS in the
argument. I have also asked for (and received) contact information for a
"consumer advocate"
within UPS. I have found them to be helpful.

John K5MO