Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 36, Issue 55

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 36, Issue 55
From: "Dave Garner" <dgarner@usit.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:11:59 -0500
Just got the new Orion II hooked up and here are a few initial impressions
in comparing it to the original Orion and an Icom 756 Pro II that I have.

The new color screen is amazingly clear and colors are sharp.  It exceeds
the resolution on the Icom 756 Pro II and the sweep is comparable to the
Icom.
I don't have the microphone adapter yet to hook up my Ten Tec mic for
transmit but the receiver is going great.

I will post more comments as I explore the capabilities of the new Orion II.

WA4YRK
Dave
Knoxville, TN