[TenTec] Orion problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion problem
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:49:36 -0600
I was interfacing a PSK-31 interface to my Orion today, and because of that,
or coincidentally, the display went off and ALL the front panel LED's on all
switches are on all the time.  The lights in the S Meter are off.  I have
tried the master reset per the manual, checked power supply voltage and
leads and connector on the back of the Orion, no luck.  Jack, KC3M, sent me
the procedure for a "RAM reset", but that also failed.  All the techs are
out till Tuesday, so couldn't pick anyone's brain there (except Stan in
sales who told me most of the above to try, hi).  Any thoughts from anyone
before Tuesday??  My Omni V is perking along, fortunately, but miss the
Orion already :-(.
73,
Don, WB5HAK