[TenTec] Orion II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II
From: "Barry LaZar" <k3ndm@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:12:30 -0500
        I received my new Orion II this afternoon. I expected it in mid January,
but I'm not complaining. There really is a Santa Claus.
        Not having had an original "classic" Orion, It took me a few hours to
unpack all the stuff and set it up, meaning power, antenna, learning to turn
the autotuner on, etc. Since it was close to my bed time, I was unable to
really test out the radio. However, My first impression is that this piece
of gear is really something else. On 40 meters among the BC stations, this
radio shines brightly.
        I suspect that I'm going to need to read the manual on this one to
maximize
what I can do. But, I'm really impressed. GOOD SHOW Tentec.

73,
Barry
K3NDM