Re: [TenTec] Suggestions for N4PY/Orion Control Program

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Suggestions for N4PY/Orion Control Program
From: "W8KEB" <w8keb@1st.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 20:46:02 -0500
Jim Garland W8ZR wrote>>> IMHO there are too many buttons and
indicators, which make it hard to see at a glance the Orion's status.<<<<<

Jim I have used Carl's Control Programs since I received my first Pegasus
then with my Jupiter.  When I got my Argo V I also used the N4PY Control
Program.  I now have Carl's program on my Orion Classic and I also have the
N4PY ICOM Control Program on my IC-703 Plus and on my Son's IC-718.  If
anything I would like more buttons on the front panel, I don't like the
Shift-Left Arrow or Alt-K bit.  The more buttons on the screen the less I
would have use the Shift or Alt buttons.

Now if you want less buttons, buy the ICOM 718, most of the buttons and
sliders are not on the 718 control program.   The Threshold Slider is very
nice for the people who are still running older versions of the Firmware.  I
use it with V 1.372 at times when the band is noisy so I do not have to turn
down the RF Gain in mid qso.

I have used Carl's Programs since late 1999 or early 2000 and I am sure you
will learn to like or love what all the controls can and will do for you.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio