[TenTec] OII cControl

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OII cControl
From: Barry LaZar <k3ndm@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:09:43 -0600 (CST)
     I have spent a very enjoyable weekend playing with my new Orion II running
CW and SSB. I've received PSK-31, rtty, and MFSK. I guess there's no surprise
about how well this worked.
     However, I want to try my hand at HF ALE. This will require that my
computer control what frequency the OII is tuned to, meaning what band. There
are a number of pre-determined frequencies that are listed on the HFpack site.
The software package is from Charles Brain in the U.K. It's PCALE. There are a
number of radios listed that the software is able to control, but none of the
popular Tentec radios. Does anyone know whether TT has used the control
sequences from another radio such as ICOM or Kenwood and if so which one?
Thanks.

Barry
K3NDM