[TenTec] Best Headphones + BETTER CUSHIONS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Best Headphones + BETTER CUSHIONS
From: George Kelly <k9wwt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 06:47:50 -0800 (PST)
  John + Members

  Thanks John but I picked up two last night at the same spot.  For 10 bux you
can't go wrong.  However I did find the cushions to be a bit small.  I have a
set of spare cushions from Sporty's Pilot Shop for $10.00 that fit over the
entire ear for a "complete seal" adding to the noise canceling ability of the
headphone.  I simply slip them under the ear piece when the headset is on my
head and wahlaa - perfect fit and comfortable for a 24 hour contest!  Or you
can glue them for a more permanent arrangement.  I tried removing the existing
cushion and then just going with the Sportys cushions but that didn't work so
well as just putting them on top of the existing cushions.  The link for
getting full ear seal cushions is below.  Not bad for a $20 investment.  My
review - they have more depth and sound better than my Kenwood mono headphones
but less gain due to a different impedence.  Still a good deal.

       73,

       George K9WWT

    http://www.sportys.com/acb/webpage.cfm?&DID=19&WebPage_ID=68