[TenTec] Headphone alarmists

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Headphone alarmists
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:43:17 -0500
N4NT:
 >If we use noise cancelling headphones, then we
can run our audio signal gain into the headphones
at a lower level than if it had to overcome more
ambient noise.

         Exactly.  Headphones do not cause hearing
loss...excessive volume causes hearing loss...
which can come from many sources, most of which
don't involve headphones such as rock concerts,
gunfire, machinery, etc.

         I have been using headphones exclusively
for ham radio since I was 12, and I'll bet my
hearing at age 61 is still better than most.

http://www.eham.net/articles/10078

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV