Re: [TenTec] FS: Century 21

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: Century 21
From: "Mark Choate" <aa0yy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 07:52:02 -0600
This may not be the recommended fix, and someone might have good reasons why
not to fix it this way but here goes.
I once bought a rig from an estate sale where the Triton IV had sat so long
that the PTO didn't even change freq. We removed the dial knob, put a few
drops of light oil on the shaft, grabbed the collar on the shaft with a
pliers and started turning it back and forth. It freed up, we kept running
it up and down the band excersizing it, an it has been great ever since.

I know what a bad PTO sounds/feels like and this one turned out fine, once I
got it moving. I have been using it ever since.

Mark