Re: [TenTec] SKN results.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SKN results.
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:00:59 -0500
I also dived in for my first SKN.  Great fun.  It was kind of weird
running the Orion and talking to a fellow running a Heathkit DX60.
Talk about a distinctive signal!  A slight chirp and kind of
"shimmering" keying - RF slow to cut off on key up?  The Orion has
much less character.  Usually, that's a good thing!

Maybe I need a boatanchor for next year's event.

73 Martin AA6E
http://blog.aa6e.net/2006/01/skn-straight-key-night-2006.html

--
martin.ewing@gmail.com