Re: [TenTec] LW receiver - did it sound normal?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LW receiver - did it sound normal?
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:51:09 -0800
Hello Mike,
For the report of signal at 260 KHz, it was completely normal AM sound music
and all.  Did not hear any other station overlaid with it.  Loud and clear
with ten over S9 signal.

I heard another today at 3580 KHz on the Main receiver.  Found one of the
stations at 1460. This time I could detect another station faintly overlaid
with the main station from 1460 KHz.  This signal was still there after
filtering down to 600 Hz with the roofing filters.  Curious to me that these
broadcast stations can hetrodyne up into the amateur bands on this ORION II
even with roofing filters and all that to prevent it.  I find AM broadcast
stations on 160 and 80 quite regularly...  Maybe something is up with my
SG-230 antenna tuner or other anomalies in my antenna system that is
producing these signals and hence the detection of them by the ORION II.  No
way the ORION II is going produce these hetrodynes and detect them in the
amateur bands on the main receiever, right?

Ron  KA7U