[TenTec] Another O2 bug

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contestinng.com
Subject: [TenTec] Another O2 bug
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:10:10 EST
Hi,

I'm sorry to have to report another bug.  The O2 simply stops transmitting
and receiving, while the TFT display and meter light remain lit.  The display
is
frozen.  This happens totally at random -- I could be transmitting,
receiving, or simply entering data into memories.  It happens whether or not
the sweep
is running.  To restore the radio to normal operation, I turn BOTH the radio
and power supply off, leave them off for 3-4 minutes, then turn them on.  That
always works.  Just turning off the radio, while leaving the power supply
running, doesn't.  RAM Clear has no apparent effect (it clears the memories,
but
doesn't restore the radio).

I talked with Paul Clinton at Ten-Tec about this today, and he agreed that
it's a software bug.  Solution TBD....

73,

Ray W2RS