Re: [TenTec] O2 Noise Reduction

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 Noise Reduction
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:47:28 -0500
The Orion and Orion II have one the best hardware noise blankers I have ever
seen.  Depending on the noise you have, a hardware noise blanker may be much
more effective than DSP noise reduction.  Noise blankers work best on pulse
type noises such as the electrical noise from a motor.  My wife's hair dryer
makes a great noise source to test noise blankers.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635