Re: [TenTec] NC headphones

Subject: Re: [TenTec] NC headphones
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 07:09:43 -0800
When I purchased a Centaur amp last year, noise management became
very very important.  I adjusted the louvers on the case to eliminate
some of the howl and re-positioned the amp.  Rather than replace the
fan, I thought about  headphones--since I virtually always wear them
when operating.  Tried three types: passive Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
($100 I believe); Solitude NC cans ($150) and Noisebuster FX for
$69.  For the particular audio frequencies of the Centaur fan, the
Noisebuster's are far and away the best.  They are quite light and
eliminate the noise better than the more expensive cans.  More
comfortable to wear for extended periods than the others as well.

Gary W7TEA