Re: [TenTec] Something to think about as we start the New Year:

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Something to think about as we start the New Year:
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:21:05 -0600
Gosh, for people "fleeing" from it ten years ago, IBM is sure doing great
business providing total solutions!  And the "mainframe" never died - it
just morphed and still runs with even higher reliability.  And so do the
IBM i/pSeries servers, which have benefitted from that same RAS design
concept.

        73,  Duane  (OK, I'll stop talking shop now)

Hardware System Test Architect
i/pSeries Servers
IBM Austin

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:35:38 -0800 "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de> writes:
> Five 9's is marketing and not obtainable in an "open" environment,
> but four
> 9's is achievable.  To reach five 9's one would have to go back to
> accepting
> a total solution with ALL hard and soft components out of one and
> the same
> house (e.g., IBM, DEC, HP, etc.) and that's what people fled from 10
> years
> ago.  Today's reality is four 9's, but that's till pretty good.
>
> But no matter what we do, one thing is for certain (as Forest Gump
> put it):
> "Shit Happens"
> And Murphy determines when and where and to whom!
> ;-)
>
> 73
> Rick

www.societyofthefifthdivision.com<http://www.societyofthefifthdivision.co