[TenTec] Tentec Omni VI pulse damages Solid Sate Amp

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Omni VI pulse damages Solid Sate Amp
From: "John Holliman" <w5ot@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:26:09 -0600
My Omni VI opt. 1 sends a pulse whenever I let up on the microphone
button or when the vox turns off. This pulse has damaged the output
transistors in my ALS-600 amp twice.  ( I know it sounds stupid that it
happened twice, and it is).

My question is: has anyone solved the switching pulse problem when using
the LCO relay to key the amp?

There is no problem when operating CW or when QSK with one of the TenTec
amps.

73 de John, WA5TWL aka W5OT