[TenTec] Argonaut V Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V Audio
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:02:07 -0800 (PST)
I would say that it's about time for a software
revision anyway, 1.09

Let's hope Mr. Burchfield follows up on the idea of
removing the
rolloff in the DSP and has them put a file out there
for us.

[TenTec] Argonaut V Audio from [Toby Pennington]

Just saw this post on another list and it describes
better than I did about
what is happening with the audio on the Argonaut 5.
It seems the older Argos
did not have this problem according to the following
post ....

<<<Just recently purchased a new Argonaut V from Ten
Tec. Great receiver for both SSB and CW but the TX
audio is very narrow and thin with no lows. I have
been told that the older Argonauts were not this bad.
I have heard some of the new ones and they all sound
very thin, meaning not having a robust full range
frequency. The ICOM 703 sounds much better on SSB as
does the K2.
It appears that the low end is rolled off at 350 HZ.
Different
microphones would not make much difference if this is
the case.