Re: [TenTec] Orion, Argo V, Jupiter and Astron

To: <k2pdj2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion, Argo V, Jupiter and Astron
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:00:45 -0500
From: "bruce bennett" <k2pdj2000@yahoo.com>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 1:14 PM

> My RS35M will trip a my ups when powering up on
> occasion. Not a big deal, but does make me wonder what
> it going on with it.
> Bruce Bennett

Howdy Bruce:

I had the same kind of problem with my Astron RS50M when I would power it
up......I would trip the breaker in my house power panel most times.

I called a tech at Astron and they said installing an MOV would solve the
problem.  I don't recall if the MOV went across the transformer primary
winding or not...just can't remember.

I ordered the MOV from Astron and after installing it my RS50M never tripped
the breaker again.......problem solved.

Call Astron and describe your problem and ask them if an MOV is required.

                                    73, Joe W2KJ