Re: [TenTec] RTTY on the Omni VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RTTY on the Omni VI
From: "Mike" <gu3whn@cwgsy.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:41:52 -0000
It is, of course, possible to drive the rig on digital modes without any
attenuation into the line in or mic socket.  It is my experience that many
new ops do not appreciate the -28db IMD level required by PSK31, recommended
by Peter G3PLX, to ensure a clean splatter free transmission.  This is why I
suggested in an earlier mail that it pays to keep an eye on the input
levels.  Relying on the soundcard settings alone makes adjustments more
difficult but obviously not impossible.

Will close on this one.

73 de Mike  GU3WHN, Ex 9V1OB, DA2XS