Re: [TenTec] Editing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Editing
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:33:08 -0800 (PST)
Instead of drilling one hole through the wall for
cable, drill two, insert pvc pipe with down fitting on
the outside as a rain block.  Run your twin lead wires
through pieces of "popcorn" stryofoam packaging to
keep it centered in the pvc pipe, then run those
through the pvc and into the shack.  No trouble at
all.  I've found with the homemade open wire line,
wind isn't a problem as there's not much windload on
it.  A few guys of nylon twine and some twists in the
line will keep it from flopping around. I run a coax
antenna on the side, but try to keep open wire lead on
my best one..