[TenTec] monitor on the Orion I

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] monitor on the Orion I
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:05:12 -0500
 >I will put a set of Sony
7506 headphones in and select monitor at 100%. Listening to someone through
the headphones, I have the AF set at about 25%. However, when I talk (and
want to listen to my own audio), I have to turn the AF up to at least 50%.

         Mark, I have never noticed this due to the
way I use my Orion.  I always set both AF's to
mid-scale, and then adjust RF GAIN down until
received audio is a comfortable level.  This also
ensures you are not setting RF Gain higher than
it needs to be.  I haven't checked the manual
but I believe TT may recommend setting AF to mid-
range which may be what they assume when they set
the monitor level in Orion's firmware.  Try this
and see if it works better for you.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV