Re: [TenTec] twin lead fed, 10, band dipole w/ 2 low band verticals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] twin lead fed, 10, band dipole w/ 2 low band verticals
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:40:43 -1000
Hi Randy,

The dipole, which could be used as a T is less than 30 feet above the
ground, and has no radial system below it (yet), except the system which
radiates (geometrically that is) from the base of the inverted L. The
inverted L has a vertical section about 45 feet tall and the semi
horizontal part of the L gets as high as 60 feet above the ground, and
it has a fairly extensive ground radial system. I am fairly certain that
the L is much more efficient for transmitting than the T will ever be,
even if I added a large ground radial system at the base of the T. For
receiving, the T by itself may in fact be superior for the reasons you
have stated. Using it by itself is one of the options I will want to
have for my receive antenna selection.

DE N6KB