Re: [TenTec] Paragon Phase Noise problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Phase Noise problem
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:12:36 -0500
JT Croteau wrote:
> Some of my 'friends' who are very active lowbanders are giving me a
> hard time for going with a Paragon because of a phase nose problem
> common with both the Paragon I & II.
>
> I always though the Paragon had a pretty nice receiver for lowband
> work with decent noise floor but hadn't heard of the phase noise
> problem.
>
> Could someone educate me on this?
>
> - JT

The QST review mentioned a phase noise problem, but when it was reported
to Ten-Tec, they came up with some mods to correct the problem. Only
vwery early Paragons would have had the problem, and they most likely
hav all received the  mod. I am not aware of a current problem. The
magazine reviews were all excellent. Even by today's standards, the
Paragon is an excellent radio. Your friends are just jealous!

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF