Re: [TenTec] Pegasus xmit problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pegasus xmit problem
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:49:13 -0800 (PST)
Rich,

I'd be suspect of a couple things:

1. Output transistors have gone bad, would be a bit
surprising for a radio that was just sitting though. The main
clue to look for for this type of failure is if the PA heat
sink is warm or hot while only in RX.

2. LP filter relays not switching properly (bad relay). This
more typically effects just one band, unless it is the 15Mor
20M relay stuck closed. Another possibility along this line
would be that the board interconnects are intermittent,
haven't really heard of the Pegasus having that kind of
problem though.

Both of these problems are not uncommon for the Pegasus
though frequency that I see postings about people running
into them have dropped dramatically in the last couple years.

Duane
N9DG