Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware statistics and drift info

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware statistics and drift info
From: "Henry Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:54:34 -0700
Martin -  I was only able to measure on 80 meters . My stock Orion yielded
an error of - 0.81 cycles or -0.20 ppm on 80 meters.   ARRL sez in their
letter that anything within 0.5 ppm is probably within "doppler and other
propagation errors" .

 I only gave ARRL the measurement to the nearest cycle as that was the only
significant digit I had with the 1 cycle DDS steps, unless I wanted to use
something external to the Orion.

 Neat but not gaudy

73 -- Hank K7HP