Re: [TenTec] Paragon mic

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon mic
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:18:19 -0500
Larry,

I have used a number of mics with my Paragon over the years, including
the TT hand mic, a TT 705 kit that I built, an Astatic 10D and who knows
what else.

I had a problem with hum pickup into the 10 D when it was too close to
the TT PS. Otherwise (especially since I mostly do CW ops <g>) I was
happy with all of them.

I then did the evaluation of the Heil Pro-Set with both the HC-4 and 5
(see Dec 03, QST, p 61). Based on the results, I decided that the HC-5
was what I needed, and that Nancy (W1NCY) sounded better on the TT 705
(close call, either way). So I rewired the plug on the 705 to fit her
IC-718, and put an HC-5 into the 10D housing. I now have a mic that
works well with my voice and a nice chrome OT G-stand that holds it.

I am hoping that what you call the HM-4 & 5 are what I know of as the HC
4 & 5, BTW?

I hope that helps?

73 & GL, Joel
Joel R. Hallas, W1ZR