[TenTec] Fw: Orion I V2 beta

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Orion I V2 beta
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:12:11 -0500
From: Rick Sagers
To: toby423@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I V2 beta

Toby,

Not a member of the TT list but I can confirm your findings on items 1 and 2:

1. SP is not working,  very little change between settings of 1 to 9
2. The rolloff is acting like a VFO,  the higher you roll it up the lower
the transmit frequency
    is,  and the lower you roll it off the higher the transmit frequency
goes.  In other words,
    instead of the rolloff changing the audio it is changing the transmit
frequency of the rig.
    This is according to on the air tests made this afternoon.

During mid-stream testing, my LF rolloff actually STOPPED working like a VFO
and started working as I would expect - don't know what I did or didn't do to
stop the VFO action.

I had a hard time keeping my Orion running with the beta firmware loaded.  The
radio would frequently lock up as I was playing around with it.  Power cycling
would not fix the problem.  Sometimes a master or RAM reset would help.  Often,
if I would disconnect the DC supply and let the rig sit for a while, it would
then start working again.  Any thoughts?

Feel free to post this to the TT list if you like.

73,
Rick Sagers, W7YC
Ft. Worth, TX