Re: [TenTec] Orion V2.054 Notes

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion V2.054 Notes
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:35:42 -0600
Hello Kam,
        I remember the ACOM had a problem with keying.  My Alpha 99
(vacuum relay) never had the problem, and still keys fine on 2.054 as
well, so I'm thankful for that.  I don't seem to be seeing any leading
edge spikes from the LED metering on the Alpha - don't know if it would
be visible, but with LED's at least I have the possibility of seeing it.
Just for comparison purposes, my settings are:
        CW QSK = 5%
        Ext T/R Delay = 20% (but is this really used when using the
keying loops?)

        Monitor is definitely a problem, but I think it's the same thing
they just fixed on the Orion II's 2.030 version.  Hopefully we'll see a
fix for that quickly.

        I'll do my sweep mod over the weekend when I can  carve out a
little more time for it.  Will be nice to have it for navigating the
pileups on 3Y0X - hi!

        73,  Duane