[TenTec] Loss of Audio in 2054

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Loss of Audio in 2054
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:55:03 -0500
The loss of audio between 200hz and 100hz when in cw mode is problematic for
me,  even though I have seen some posts that indicate it is not big deal for
others.

I commonly narrow down the cw filters to 100hz which eliminates a lot of noise,
 especially Qrn type noise.  I am further disappointed that Ten Tec has come to
the conclusion that this behaviour is an acceptable trait of the DSP filter as
explained in their faq notes.  This indicates to me that they have tried to fix
this problem,  but have been unable to and need to offer a plausable
explanation as to why it is happening.

I don't buy that!   This loss of audio was never an issue in the 1.xxx
versions.  You can turn down the BW to 100hz and have the same audio strength
that you had at 200Hz.  IF the loss of audio is inherent then why does it not
happen in 1.xxx versions.

I believe this needs looking into further and not just glossed over with a
sentence or two explaining it away.  If anyone has additional information which
could shed some light on this subject I would like to see it.

Toby  W4CAK