[TenTec] Transmit Bandwidth on AM

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Transmit Bandwidth on AM
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:38:10 -0600
Can someone that still has an Orion with 1.372 or earlier software tell me
if the SSB high frequency cutoff varies the AM transmit frequency response
as heard through MON?

There's a note in the Orion II manual update that AM transmit is limited to
6 Khz bandwidth.  Not sure if this is a new development or was also the case
with the Orion, but there is no effect on transmit audio varying the SSB
high frequency cutoff.  And I just don't remember what the O's behavior was
in this regard -- seems to me it had an effect, but could be another memory
trick ...

Thanks ... Grant/NQ5T