Re: [TenTec] Orion I V2 Beta

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I V2 Beta
From: "R. Brent Zook" <brent.zook@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:09:01 -0500
Installed the software, did the hardware (took me more like 1.7 hours),
very nice.  I'll keep using it.

I'm concerned because the noise limiter doesn't change the s-meter
display.  Is this an audio limiter?  In my opinion, I would rather have
the limiter work like it did before, which I found to be very
effective.  Sure, it raised the I.F. gain, but it was convenient to use
during contesting when it was not practical to turn the rf gain knob
with each qso.  The new noise limiter doesn't seem to work as well to me
- I still hear noise.

The sweep is much improved and helped to work 3Y0X, including once on
RTTY.  In general and to not pick nits, good job TenTec!  --Brent N9HZ