[TenTec] Request for check of Orion 1.3xx Behavior

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Request for check of Orion 1.3xx Behavior
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:03:31 -0600
I posted this last night, but didn't get any takers.  Maybe everyone is
already on 2.054B?  I'm going to waste the bandwidth to try again.

Would someone with an Orion still on 1.3xx firmware try the following and
let me know the result.

1.  Antenna to dummy load (of course)
2.  Mode to AM
3.  Turn on MON and plug in some headphones
4.  Key down, and while talking to yourself in the mic and listening on MON,
vary the TX Filter BW (on the SSB Menu) through its range (900-3900Hz)

What I want to know is if varying the TX Filter BW changes the audio
response as you hear it in the monitor.

Simple  :-)

Thanks ... Grant/NQ5T