Re: [TenTec] Request for check of Orion 1.3xx Behavior - AM

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Request for check of Orion 1.3xx Behavior - AM
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:49:40 -0800
Grant and group:

I ran a frequency response test on the O2 on AM and found the following (all
controls set flat, modulation at 50%, no compression or ALC):

20    -1 dB
30    +1
50    +1
200    +2
400    +1
600    0
1000    0
1200    -1
1600    -1
1800    -2
2000    -2
2400    -2
2800    -2
3200    -2
3400    -4
3600    -4
3800    -4
4000    -5
4200    -6
4400    -7
4600    -9
4800    -10
5000    -12

If you roll the low end down by 2 dB, you see a variation of +1 -2 dB (+-1.5
db) from 30 Hz to 3.8 KHz.  The roll-off on the high end is fairly gentle,
and with a small be of external EQ, can be reasonably flat to 4.5 kHz.
Looking at the spectrum analyzer while doing the test showed the THD to be
less than 1/2%  That's a damn good test result!

Ron Castro  N6AHA
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC