Re: [TenTec] O2_CW_SEND1_PROBLEM

To: na9u@arrl.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2_CW_SEND1_PROBLEM
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:32:34 EST
An interesting thing happened to me yesterday.  I wanted to record a CQ TEST
in SEND 3, but the O2 tried to insert delays when I sent with my paddle.  That
didn't happen during normal operation, just when recording.  Turning off the
sweep solved the problem.  Once the CQ TEST was recorded, I turned the sweep
back on and all was well.  I increasingly suspect that the O2 CPU has capacity
overload problems.  I know it's a bigger "engine" than the original Orion has,
but it's also being asked to do more.

73,

Ray W2RS