Re: [TenTec] re QST ad

To: na9u@arrl.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re QST ad
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:48:50 -0600
It used to be that every manufacturer of consumer electronics MUST
participate in the CES ( consumer electronics show) both summer and
winter CES. Vegas & Atlanta/Chicago..

I remember when Sony pulled out, since they scheduled their own show
for their dealers ( they already had distribution)..
If your major competitor decided to save the HUNDREDS OF
THOUSANDS..to build the booth , travel, staff etc...then you could
also. I remember how Maxell ( a line I repped) kept watching for TDK
to reduce show expenses.

If Kenwood stopped advertising , then ICOM & Yaesu could rethink
their position.  SO also for Dayton, which like CES for consumer
stuff , is a major expense for these amateur divisions.

I do think it would screw up the service/hobby if they left the landscape:
dayton & QST....and contribute to the decline of their own customer base.
My Japanese friends are way too smart to do that. This assumes they
are making a profit within their amateur division.

bill