[TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?
From: "John K Gotwals" <john@gotwals.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:17:33 -0500
I did not know that the Orion was designed for the "average ham". I received
my Orion I in early August of '05 and am running version 1.372 firmware. I
am quite happy with the Orion performance and am perfectly willing to
operate with 1.372 indefinitely. I certainly don't mind if TT offers an
update for the OMNI series, but I would be disappointed if TT does not
continue with development of the Orion series.

Bill, K3UJ writes
>How many feel that the Orion series is just too ambitious and  will never
>turn out to be a really user friendly rig for the  average ham, no matter
>how
>many revisions are made?
>
>How many would like to see TT come out with something  modern having the
>"feel" of an OMNI VI, but with an  Rx like the Orion II main?  Possibly an
>updated
>Jupiter?
[snip]