Re: [TenTec] To Jupiter or not to Jupiter, that is the question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] To Jupiter or not to Jupiter, that is the question
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:02:44 -0800
Greg, you didn't give us much indication of what you want to know!

I can only say that I love my Jupiter.  Probably the most fun, easy to use
radio I have ever owned or operated.  Of course this is not very useful
unless you know what I've owned!

Well I've had about every Ten-Tec ever produced since the Argonaut 505, but
I never had a Paragon nor an Orion II.  Had everything else.

Being active in a very large contest team (BCC), I've had the chance to
operate most radios ever built.

However, the Jupiter is not the radio of choice in a contest - at least not
here in Europe.  The Omni VI+ will run circles around it in a contest.

But for day to day haming, rag chewing, and SWL, etc., I prefer the Jupiter.
I especially enjoy using it with N4PY's control software.

Hope this helps.

73
Rick
DJ0IP