Re: [TenTec] 400 Hz CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 400 Hz CW
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 18:23:44 EST

a funny story we used to have a cheep Conair brand telephone.  it had  a rin
tone like a high pitched bird chirp. I never could hear it ring.  at  one time
I was standing in front of the phone and it started ring , ( I could  not
hear it) and my daughter came in from one side and the ex wife from the  other
side and I actually got tackled in the middle. I finally put my ear on the
phone and called it and could finally hear a rapid chirp chirp  chirp.   but I
could be a foot away from it and not hear it. we  finally put an old black desk
phone on line in the back room so I could tell the  phone was ringing when I
was home alone. ever have the wife mad at you when her  car had a flat and
could
not call me because I could not hear the phone.

Mine cam from working around jets in the service and driving trucks for  many
years with the window down,  My hearing is much worse in the left ear  than
the right, but I can hear specific tones. so at 700 cycles I can hear the  tone
on the orion but at 500 or less it disappears...

This getting old is not for Sissies.

tom N6AJR

That is  great information. However, it will not work for me and lots of
other old  timers who have
already lost most of their low frequency hearing. We just  get by with
what we have left, which in my case is
'not much'. Sure  glad it works for you though, and all those young
fellows we 'HOPE' will  still learn the morse code,
even if they eliminate those requirements from  the licencing structure.

An  Old-Timer

Keith
W7ZAC