Re: [TenTec] Hearing ringing in ear

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hearing ringing in ear
From: "Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:05:43 -0600
Agreed Richard,

I used to play lead guitar in heavy rock bands.  I always watch my hearing
to keep the high end loss in check.  I don't want to wind up like my uncle
(also a guitarist), with 70% of my hearing gone from it.  The high end goes
first.  Guess what - oftentimes hearing a CW signal as a higher pitch, can
make it easier to copy.  When you lose your high end hearing, you lose this
ability.  Maybe that's why I've always liked a bassier bottom heavy guitar
tone, even when running tons of distortion.  It's easier on the ears.  The
same thing seems to hold true for some DSPs on rigs.  Too much DSP, seems to
make the audio, especially trebly when you 're wearing head phones to dig
out the weak ones.  Ouch!

73,
Ellen - AF9J