Re: [TenTec] Orion CW keying with v 2.054 & 2.055 using Acom 2000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion CW keying with v 2.054 & 2.055 using Acom 2000
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 17:07:08 GMT
The filter does wonders on the early Orions.  The other alternative is to
use a small program that Krazy (sp?) at Acom has written for software
control.  I don't have it, but he mentioned it at Dayton one year.

I had a strange problem this weekend.  I use the SteppIR with the N8LP
protection box in line with the TX line.  Decided to do some in the DX
contest this weekend, strictly on 40 and didn't turn on the Yagi stuff.
Everytime I turned the Acom to Operate, the RX would quiet.  Fiddled for a
while and finally made about 30 contacts pushing the standby button between
exchanges.  Finally brightend up and took the N8LP out of the loop and
things worked.  Duh!
Back to the old Command Set I used to use!

N0UU