Re: [TenTec] Triton IV options

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton IV options
From: "Paul - W8KC" <w8kc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:12:34 -0500
Just clearing the inbox here and saw this post from Harry.  I don't recall
anyone explaining to him why that even without FM, the Triton IV's optional
10M crystals for the upper end of the band were popular.

Of course the reason was, back in the day, the OSCAR 10 and 11 ham satelites
used that part of the band as the downlink frequencies.

Heck, I don't even remember if FM was legal on 10M when those rigs first
came out in the mid-70s!

73! =paul= W8KC -- Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc/tentec.html
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v10
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.htm