Re: [TenTec] Picky, picky, picky...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Picky, picky, picky...
From: "Bob Cunnings" <bob.cunnings@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:27:29 -0700
Were you using UCW or LCW?

Using 2.055 I have noticed (and reported to ditsnbits) that if you
zero beat a signal it will indeed appear at the zero hashmark when
using LCW mode, but not UCW. It's easy to see, just switch back and
forth between the two modes after tuning in a signal... if truly at
zero beat, the pitch won't change, but the signal jumps up (relative
to the zero hash mark) when in UCW.

IIRC in 1.xxx a properly tuned signal remained parked at the zero hash
mark in both modes, as expected.

So it sounds like you were using UCW?

RC