Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:35:22 -0600
> I hope the feature comes out. and IMHO it should be free to
> OII owners or at least very inexpensive.

I would expect the first of those options to be the case only in some
bizarre parallel universe :-)

The second depends on each of our personal definitions of "inexpensive".
I'd expect it to be on the order of the antenna tuner option, more or less,
probably more in the range of $500.  But I'd have no problem with a pleasant
surprise ...

> After all the OII is a high end TCVR and is not inexpensive
> to purchase.

Ask the 7800 guys how they feel about that.  The update to add the 3Khz
roofing filters, is $500 plus tax, tag and title.  And the price of 2nd day
air shipment, since everyone is scared to death of UPS -- plus the
differential between ground and air on the return.  That's one mighty
expensive filter, for one mighty expensive radio :-;

Grant/NQ5T